Roku released a firmware update for their popular little boxes. The biggest improvement is 1080p streaming for the XR units. They also improved the Hulu app. It’s been a few days since it was released so it should be in automatic updates. If not you can manual get the update. More at Roku.
– Enabled 1080P support for XR units.
– Hulu application optimizations for quicker trick play navigation and start of playback.
– Hulu application optimization for improved playback performance on networks with higher latencies.
– Fixed a bug that could result in a crash if an app tried to load an image that was too large (greater than 1280×720).
– Fixed playback of poorly interleaved video streams which resulted in rebuffers around the 25 minute mark in Roku Newscaster programs.
– Fixed a remaining case of playback at the incorrect aspect ratio.
– Changed option menu action name from “change order” to “change position” for re-arranging channels.
– Fixed a bug in channel re-ordering related to presence of screen savers.
– Modified channel store “go to channel” behavior to launch the selected channel instead of only focusing the icon on the Home screen.
– Added screensaver preview and set options to the channel store springboard.
– Fixed a subtle audio playback issue in UFC streaming.