DVPRemote 2.0 was released yesterday. I was excited when it showed up on my iPod Touch as an update. It was already a great program but the update brings a lot of new features.
1) Support for new “Instant Replay”, “Info”, and “Back” buttons.
2) Integration with Netflix to support automated Instant Queue navigation. DVPRemote provides the list of movies in your instant queue which can be presented in queue order or alphabetical order. It allows you to select a title from the list by tapping on it or entering a search term to find it and then automatically navigates to it on your Roku (great for large instant queues). No more left, left, left, …, or right, right, right, …, to find and select the movie that you want to see!!
3) Full keyboard support for any screen that requires text entry (including symbols and non-english characters). (Search automation from Version 1.5 is no longer needed since text can be directly entered.).
4) Improved Player discovery speed and accuracy.
5) Improved key repeat.
6) Direct Navigation to Channels through Channel List tab.
7) Toolbars for additional channel functionality where supported (currently only Netflix).
8 ) Support for iPhone 4 Retina Display.
9) New 12 button remote skin.
10) Tested with iOS 4 (including support for background operation).
It is the best iPod Touch/iPhone remote for Roku and is available for $2.99 in the app store. You don’t just have to take my word for it. Dave Zatz posted earlier today that you should buy the app. There is a demo video below of the app.